Motability - Am I Eligible?

Understanding your entitlement

You are qualified for the Motability Structure if you have at least 12 months outstanding on of one of the following government-funded mobility supplements:

  • Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA)
  • Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
  • War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
  • Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP).

There is no age restrictions for the Motability Scheme. If you are the parent or guardian of a child who receives the Disability Living Allowance, you can order a car on their behalf for their use when they pass their driving test. If you are eligible for the scheme but unable to drive, you can also put forward up two drivers who live within five miles of your home address. You can, however, only nominate one driver under the age of 21. Also note that drivers under the age of 25 are limited to cars that generate 115bhp or less.

To assess your eligibility for the Motability Scheme, Disability Living Allowance and Personal Independence Payment recipients should contact the Department for Work and Pensions. War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement and Armed Forces Independence Payment recipients should contact the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency. Alternatively, you can contact us directly at Toomey Basildon to discuss your circumstances with one on our Motability specialists.